Obama Manju

Paul R brought a treat from Japan. A rice and flour confection with a sweet bean (Azuki) filling. These come from the town of Obama.

ObamaRiceCakes_4523_edited-1

I was lucky, most cakes only show the back of Obama’s head. I have one rare one with his face!

ObamaRiceCakes_4530

There was some kind of strange “oxygen absorber” packet inside that heated up when I opened the package. I tried dumping it in water to see if it would explode. Sadly it did not. Maybe I should try to microwave it.

ObamaRiceCakes_4534

Don’t think these are going to be a favorite with me. I prefer the Harvest cookies that we used to get from Trader Joes, but I ate one anyway (I did vote for the guy).

ObamaRiceCakes_4531

Thanks Paul for bringing these to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boo! Just in time for Halloween

Are you driving in stealth mode? Please don't!

I'm Joe the Plumber