Obama Manju

Paul R brought a treat from Japan. A rice and flour confection with a sweet bean (Azuki) filling. These come from the town of Obama.

ObamaRiceCakes_4523_edited-1

I was lucky, most cakes only show the back of Obama’s head. I have one rare one with his face!

ObamaRiceCakes_4530

There was some kind of strange “oxygen absorber” packet inside that heated up when I opened the package. I tried dumping it in water to see if it would explode. Sadly it did not. Maybe I should try to microwave it.

ObamaRiceCakes_4534

Don’t think these are going to be a favorite with me. I prefer the Harvest cookies that we used to get from Trader Joes, but I ate one anyway (I did vote for the guy).

ObamaRiceCakes_4531

Thanks Paul for bringing these to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy Hook Mother's Day Card

Moving Day

The End of the Internet