Beware of “free” Reversatrol Ultra

ReservatrolLiveAgent

I should have known better. After watching a compelling 60 minutes piece on the health benefits of Reversatrol, the magic ingredient in red wine I made the foolish mistake of signing up for a “free” sample. I figured I would give it a try and see if could do undo the ravages of age. I thought I was rather savvy about these things.

After almost a month I don’t feel any better but I don’t feel any worse, at least until today when my credit card statement arrived. There on the page was a charge for $83.18 for a company named EXPRESSBERRY. Those are some expensive berries and I can buy two cases of 2 buck chuck for under $80 and get all my Reversatrol and enjoy it more.

As an elder I am supposed to wise, but they got me in terms of the agreement which I have included for your amusement. I missed this and apparently thousands of other folks have also.

When you go to the site a timer starts and you informed that you only have a few minutes to sign up for the “free” sample. This feature makes it unlikely that you will read the terms of this agreement.  The site has a video of the 60 minute piece, pictures of Barbara Walters or Oprah or someone named Dr Oz (Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain).

Maybe Barbara Walters or Oprah can pick up the tab for this since their names are attached to the site.

I won’t provide a link, instead I would encourage you to Google “Reversatrol Ultra Scam” instead. It’s not legally a scam, it’s just devious. I’m sure they have many products like Acai berries and something named Rez Q. But I’m  sure they all have the “free” offer.

I am returning the unopened bottle they sent with a proof of delivery notice and hoping I get a partial or full refund. This was the advice given by my Credit Card provider.

There is no such thing as a free lunch I guess.

Here is a copy of the “terms of agreement”

 

Free Trial Period

When Customer orders the free trial of Rez Q (the "Product") and agrees to pay the shipping and processing fee described on the order page, Company will ship Customer a 30-day supply of Product. Customer will have ten days from the date of order (the "Free Trial Period") to review the Product and decide whether Customer would like to keep it and begin Customer's subscription or contact Company to return the Product as described below. If Customer chooses to keep the Product beyond the Free Trial Period, Customer does nothing. Company will charge Customer's credit card $78.23 and Customer's subscription will begin automatically once the Free Trial Period has expired. As long as Customer's subscription is active, about every month Company will send Customer a new 30-day supply of Product and will charge Customer's credit card the same low monthly price plus $6.95 for shipping and processing. If at any time Customer wishes to end Customer's subscription and discontinue receiving additional 30-day supplies of Product, Customer must contact Company’s customer service department as outlined below. In order to avoid being charged for any subsequent Product, Customer must contact Company before shipment of Customer's next 30-day supply of Product. Company is NOT responsible for any overdraft fees or other fees resulting from customers using a credit card with an insufficient balance to cover the above costs. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to ensure funds are available to cover all applicable fees and taxes.

Comments

John Weber said…
Sorry John, but I couldn't help but say this story reminds me of one of the original despair.com posters:

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others
Anonymous said…
I'm happy to say that the Reversatrol folks credited my credit card for the returned product. I'm glad that they did that, but in the future I will carefully read any "terms of agreement" before doing anything on the web.

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy Hook Mother's Day Card

Moving Day

The End of the Internet