Vets give McCain a "D"

I made the assumption that because of John McCain's extraordinary POW experience that he had nailed (and deserved) the Veteran and National defense vote. I guess I was wrong. Apparently he missed a crucial vote on the new GI bill, stopping a second rate GI bill, and enhanced Veteran's benefits. The Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America gave him a "D" for this record.

Obama did much better with an "B" and Kucinich garnered an "A". I really like Kucinich and I feel it was unfortunate that he was ridiculed during the primary season. It was a strange experience, but I was listening to John McCain in Peterborough and missed seeing Dennis who was signing books in a nearby bookstore. I regret that lapse.

I feel this is relevant information, because Cindy McCain is now making allegations that Obama does not "Support the troops" because he voted against a funding bill that did not have a "time line". Cindy seems to have a lapse of memory because her husband voted against a similar funding bill that DID have a time line.

Some background on this radical group:

Who is the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America?

Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America is the nation's first and largest group dedicated to the Troops and Veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the civilian supporters of those Troops and Veterans. IAVA is an independent organization and is not affiliated with any groups other than our sister (c)4, IAVA Action Fund.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy Hook Mother's Day Card

Moving Day

The End of the Internet