The War Continues... pay attention!

Bob Schieffer (Face The Nation) commented this morning how the war in Iraq has slipped from the public consciousness. Of course this can never be true for the families affected by the separation, injuries and deaths of our servicemen.

 

I was reminded of this fact from a former shipmate who sent this email early this morning:

Just a quick note to let  y'all know what is going on in my life right now.
I am in Mena Arkansas to attend my uncles funeral. He was my Fathers youngest brother.
Wednesday morning I received word that my older brother Pat was killed,died, in Iraq.
Won't know anything about how or what happened till he gets back to Dover AFB on Tuesday.
He's the same brother that was a "River Rat" when I was cruising on the Oriskany.
It always bothered him greatly that he was IN Country and I was mostly on Yankee station
or Dixie station. He was drawing one set of hazardous duty pay, while I was getting 2 sets for flying.
I told him it was for all the mean things, and trouble he would get me to do.
I will miss them both.

See y'all (the ones that are going) in April,

MRM

Most of us will never get that call, but we should realize how many have. I'm so sorry for my friend and his family. I just want this damn war to end

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandy Hook Mother's Day Card

Moving Day

The End of the Internet