Lisa Petrie organized a New Ipswich event for local Democrats to watch the acceptance speeches given by Joe Biden (her friend) and President Obama. Great event, Thanks Lisa!
I have been sent another email with a scary slideshow about what will happen under an Obama presidency (establishment of a Socialist State). This was followed by an email from with a link to a "news" organization that alleged that Saddam Hussein help buy Obama's home. What utter garbage. These are truly desparate times and I guess some people need to blame "that one" Rather than clogging the email stream by replying, I thought I would provide a link to at least one of the sites. In the interest of balance I tried to find a bit about the group that produced the presentation. I discovered that they have a whole selection of scary movies and articles about Islamic terrorist and Mexicans. I'm suspicious of any presentation that I can't fact check but realized that it is almost Halloween, so as a public service I'm offering a link to some truly scary stuff. Is it accurate? NO! Is it scary, with scary music? YES! You have been warned!!! Link: USA WakeUp Mo...
Finally a break in the winter cycle of ice and snow then snow and ice and cold. The temperature broke 50 degrees here in New Hampshire with a light drizzle. The combination of warm humid air and a snow cover has produced pockets of dense fog. I was out on a rare shopping excursion and was amazed at the number of cars and trucks that are driving around without turning their headlights on. They are absolutely invisible. A number of these vehicles are "fog colored".. muted grays and white. Many states have a "wipers on, headlights on" law. New Hampshire with it's motto of "Live Free or Die" does not have this law. I love this state but sometimes the motto seems to be "Live Free AND Die". Isn't it common sense to make your vehicle as visible as possible to prevent other's from running into you? I am going to label this post as "Common Sense" because part of my role as an elder is to dispense wisdom. "Common Sense" is a...
On a recent morning walk, my friend John Poltrack suggested that maybe I would have been a better icon to represent the proverbial small business man than the now world famous Joe the Plumber . John the Software Engineer owns his own business, employs people, and pays a good chunk of his business income in taxes. I think I pay too much in taxes, but of course everybody thinks that. I made the mistake one time of sitting down and calculating how much of Big Time Software’s income actually goes out in taxes of way form or another and the answer is a very discouraging 50%. That qualifies as too much in my opinion…and I still consider myself a patriot despite what Joe Biden might think. My business makes more money than Senator Obama seems to think I deserve to keep, so I can look forward to being in his crosshairs to pay even more should he be elected President. I certainly don’t want to attract the scrutiny of the crack investigative media teams that have unearthed every skeleton in p...
Comments